Raspberry Pi is small credit card sized, light weight and compact computer available which is used by both professions, hobbyist and of course hackers alike. Two years ago, Raspberry Pi 3 Model B was released which was the first 64-bit member of the pi family, and our first member with inbuilt WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity.
Raspberry Pi Foundation have now released the latest Raspberry Pi – Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ with the following upgrades
- 1.4 GHz 64 bit quad core ARM Cortex A53 CPU
- Dual band 802.11ac wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.2 wireless support
- Faster Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0)
- (POE) Power Over Ethernet support
- Improved PXE network and USB mass storage booting
- Improved Thermal Management
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is the latest member of the Raspberry Pi 3 family with a powerful 64 bit quad core processor running at 1.4 GHz, dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless) LAN, Bluetooth 4.2 / BLE, faster Ethernet, and PoE capability via a separate PoE HAT.
The dual band WiFi chip set comes with modular compliance certification, which allowed the board to be designed into end products with significantly reduced wireless LAN compliance testing, improving both cost and time to the market. Dual Band technology can provide users with the capability to switch between frequencies of 2.4 GHz as well as 5 GHz which can help in avoiding congestion. The antenna used is a Proant PCB antenna which is similar to the one used on Raspberry Pi Zero W.
This board consumes, a little bit more power than its predecessors. So it is recomended to use the a power source that can provide 5V and a minimum of 2.5 Amps.
Purchase From Here
Click Here to Purchase Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ product brief
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ mechanical drawing
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ schematic diagrams
- Raspberry Pi Blog
Rate the Project
Did you find this page useful? Help us to improve by rating this page.