Hey guys in this post we’re going to be checking out the best VR headset in India market. I made this list based on y personal opinion and hours of research and I’ve listed them based on quality durability price and more.
I’ve included options for every type of consumer so if you’re looking for an entry-level option or the best VR headset in India of 2020 money can buy we’ll have the product for you. If you want more information and updated pricing on the products mentioned be sure to check out the links. So let’s get started.
Best VR Headset in India
|Sl No||VR Headset||Links|
|1||Oculus Go||Check on Amazon|
|2||Sony PlayStation VR||Check on Amazon|
|3||The Oculus Rift S||Check on Amazon|
|4||HTC Vive Cosmos||Check on Amazon|
|5||Oculus Quest VR Headset||Check on Amazon|
Let us take a closer look at each VR Headset in India – Features, Pros, and Cons.
Top 5 VR Headset in India
The fifth product on our list is the Oculus Go. This is our best budget VR headset. The Oculus Go stand-alone VR headset is a good choice if you’re interested in venturing into the world of VR without committing to the price tags of the top-of-the-line VR headsets coming in just under $200.
The Oculus Go is great for the casual gamer or those that just want to experience and enjoy the world of VR content. The Oculus Go delivers clear optics and decent 3D graphics for the feeling of a personal theater. It allows you to meet up in VR with your friends from all over the world to watch sporting events concerts or just TV shows. It has an incredibly easy to use design that doesn’t require additional hardware or connections with tangled cords or wires.
This VR headset comes with its three DOF controller that feels good in your hands and has a nice simple design. Although it doesn’t give you the same level of immersion as higher-end remotes, it will allow you to find your favorite content with ease. The built-in audio provides you with surround sound which is a nice feature or you can use the three-and-a-half millimeter audio jack for headphones or a headset with a microphone.
With the oculus APP you can download and browse through the latest VR games and apps, connect to the headset to your phone and you can further customize the oculus go.
- Built-in Audio – This VR headset has built-in surround sound audio for an immersive gaming and viewing experience without additional headsets.
- The Controller – The controller that comes with this headset makes it easy to find the content you want.
- Compact Design – Measuring eight point three by eight point three by four-point eight inches with a weight of 12 and a half ounces, this has even weight distribution with plush inner lining for additional comfort.
- Display – This has a minimal screen door effect.
- Portable – The compact design works as a standalone VR headset so you can take it on the go.
- No Cords – You won’t have to mess around with cords or wires as with earlier generation VR headsets.
- A little bit of light comes through the bottom of this headset.
- It has a short battery life compared to higher-end VR headsets.
The Oculus Go VR headset may not deliver the ultimate VR experience as the premium headsets but with a two hundred dollar price tag its limitations can be overlooked and makes it worth considering. It is a great choice for those looking to explore the world of VR and the oculus Go VR headset delivers a decent VR experience for gaming and watching content at an entry-level price point.
You can also get the oculus go with either 32 or 64 GB storage depending on your needs
The fourth product on our list is the Sony PlayStation VR. Another affordable introduction to VR Headset in India is the Sony PlayStation VR headset. With gaming in mind the PSVR delivers an immersive VR experience without the need of a high-end gaming PC, provided you already own a Playstation 4 console and PlayStation camera both sold separately.
Sony’s advanced VR display delivers seamless visuals that keep you connected to the VR world. With its 5.7 inch O LED with 960 by 1080 pixels per eye and the 3d audio technology surrounds you with high quality sound.
The PlayStation Move motion controller and the DualShock 4 wireless controller are both tracked by the camera every movement of your control is reflected in the virtual space in which you reside.
Unfortunately Sony only uses one camera instead of two so the PS VR has some limitations when tracking you in large areas. Engineered to be balanced comfortable and completely adjustable, the PSVR works well even if you wear glasses with it. It should come as no surprise that one of the greatest things about the PS VR headset is the availability and selection of VR games from Sony.
- HDMI Input – The HDMI input on this headset allows you to establish a high quality visual and audio connection with your gaming console.
- 3D Audio Technology – The 3d audio technology this headset uses gives you an immersive way to enjoy your favorite games media player you can view 360 videos.
- Games – Wide Selection of Quality VR games are available from Sony
- Cinema Mode – This is not just for games; it also simulates watching movies on a 200 inch theater screen.
- Setup – You can plug and play with easy calibration.
- This headset does not come with the accessories needed to use it.
Coming from Sony you can expect great design and performance from the PlayStation VR headset. It delivers an immersive VR experience with quality visuals and sound. What sets this VR headset apart is the lower cost compared to the high-end VR headsets. If you already have a ps4 console and a PS camera or if you’re looking for a VR headset to pair with the purchase of a ps4 console then the PlayStation VR headset would be a great.
The third product on our list is the oculus quest. This is our best value standalone VR headset in India. The oculus quest provides you with next level gameplay without expensive VR hardware and a powerful gaming PC. As a standalone VR headset, the oculus quest delivers six degrees of freedom with two motion controllers and sensors on the sides of the headset.
Compared to the earlier Oculus Go that only has three degrees of freedom the quest also has positional audio built in or you can use the three-and-a-half millimeter headphone jacks. This headsets insight tracking system reflects all of your real-life movements in the virtual world without any external accessories. So you can bend, crouch and walk around you’ll be able to use this headset in just about any environment regardless of how big or small it is.
There are no wires or cords that need to be attached while you’re using it. This provides you with a degree of freedom that most other headsets don’t offer.
The design is solid measures 14.9x9x5.1 inches and weighs 4.57 pounds with inner foam lining for a soft comfortable fit. There’s even a focal slider giving you the option to shift the focal distance between the lenses for a better vr experience.
The quest’s OLED display with 1440×1600 per eye resolution delivers clear and colorful images. The oculus quest comes with two ergonomic controllers each with thumbsticks buttons on top and a trigger button on the bottom. As with the PS VR headset, the oculus quest comes with a glasses spacer for those that require glasses with their VR headset.
- Insight Tracking – This headset tracks the movements of your hands and translates them into the virtual world seamlessly.
- Oculus mobile App – You can use the oculus mobile app to set up this headset and explore what is available.
- Oculus Touch controllers – The controllers that you use with this headset will recreate your hands and their movements with absolute precision in the virtual world.
- Great for all size rooms – One of the best things about this VR headset is that you can use it in any size space.
- Excellent Overall Performance – The smooth visuals and tracking accuracy that this headset offers are superior to most of the competition.
- Freedom – You don’t need a PC to use this VR headset giving you untethered Wire free mobility.
- The battery only lasts two to three hours and takes two hours to fully recharge.
The oculus quest is great out of the box with easy setup and gives you an immersive and fun VR experience without additional VR hardware or a gaming PC. If you’re looking for the freedom of a wire-free VR experience or if you don’t have a PC to power your VR headset then the oculus quest is the right pick. It’s a nice mid-level headset for those wanting to experience VR and affordably coming in at half the price of other high-end VR headsets.
Second product on our list is the Oculus Rift S. This is our best value PC VR headset in India. The Oculus Rift S provides you with an extensive library of fun games of all kinds to choose from. There are hundreds of games ready for you to download in the oculus store. This particular headset features a next-generation lens and sharp display that gives you a high degree of detail.
We really like this headset ergonomic design which includes a redesigned headband. With speed in mind you can rest assured that it will constantly stay firm and in place on your head at all times regardless of how crazy your game gets. The oculus touch controllers have also been updated with some significant improvements.
These controllers have an intuitive feel and precision design. They’ll copy all of the movements of your hands translating them into your virtual world. This headset uses oculus patented insight tracking to make sure that everything you do with your hands is reflected in your games as accurately as possible. You will not have to deal with any noticeable lag.
- USB 3.0 Port – The USB 3.0 port on this headset allows for a high-speed connection for the fast flow of data.
- Halo headband – This headsets halo headband gives you a comfortable feel – always fits perfectly around your head.
- OneTouch Controllers – The OneTouch controllers allow you to interact with your virtual environments with total precision and accuracy.
- Improved Visuals – There’s no question that the visuals of this headset have undergone some major improvements
- No External Tracking – You don’t have to use any external stations for tracking which has a huge level of convenience.
- Backwards Compatibility – The backwards compatibility of this device expands your game options in a big way.
- There’s an extensive oculus rift library.
- This has a slightly lower res LCD display compared to the oculus quest.
- There’s no manual IPD adjustment
While it is true that the oculus rift s may not be a perfect VR headset it does have a lot to offer. If you’re interested in a VR experience that works in tandem with your PC, the oculus rift s is going to be the better choice. You still have a tether and you won’t get a display with as high of a resolution but the 5 insight sensors, means tracking without the need for any external sensors. The bonus of having access to the existing library of rift games means you shouldn’t have any issues with lack of content. The significantly improved visuals and sharp 3d virtual view of this VR headset makes the oculus rift s a solid purchase at just under $400.
HTC VIVE Cosmos VR Headset
First product on our list is the HTC VIVE Cosmos. The original HTC VIVE was the first big consumer headset to ship with motion controllers and it normalized the idea that VR was about physical movement not just visual immersion. The new HTC Vive cosmos is a high-end VR headset that features six tracking cameras to provide you with truly expansive coverage with a wide tracking field of view.
This headsets 2880 x 1700 resolution and 90 Hertz refresh rate are pretty impressive to say the least you’ll get an incredible amount of detail which makes it even easier to immerse yourself in the virtual worlds. There’s also the adjustable interpupillary distance dial which ensures complete comfort while you’re gaming. This design also helps you to get the best possible view of whatever you’re playing.
The HTC Vive Cosmos has a flip-up design that makes it easy to get back to reality whenever the VR world gets to be a bit too much or you just want to break. You’ll be able to browse through hundreds of different game offerings in the Steam and Vive port libraries with lots of exciting titles to choose from.
The reimagine interface that this headset offers is very easy to navigate and makes finding great new games as simple as possible. The integrated audio of the sound isolating on ear headphones gives an immersive experience every single time you play.
- Flip Up Display – You can simply flip up the display to stop playing anytime you want to take a break.
- Ventilated Faceplate – The faceplate on this headset is designed for long gaming sessions with maximum airflow.
- IPD Dial – The IPD dial allows you to get the most comfortable view and feel while you wear this headset.
- No External Sensors – This headset is designed in such a way that it doesn’t need any external sensors to function.
- Improved motion – All of the movements you make with your hands in the real world are accurately reflected in your virtual world.
- Huge Library – There are tons of different games to choose from in the steam VR and Vive port libraries.
- Cable that you have to use with this VR headset is a bit clunky and annoying at times.
- It’s a bit pricey.
The overall visual fidelity of the HTC Vive Cosmos is very impressive and it delivers a truly immersive VR experience. This headset expands your range of motion with six camera sensors compared to the five camera sensors of the mid-range models giving superior coverage with a wide tracking field of view. HTC has also made the Vive cosmos future-proofed with a suite of modular options for future improvements. If you’re looking to raise your VR experience to the next level then you should check out the HTC Vive Cosmos.
Rate the Products
Did you find this page useful? Help us to improve by rating this page.